Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Blackberry Goat Cheese Pizza

I think at this point it's obvious: I love me some pizza. There's just no way around it. I love it all. But these days I especially love unique pizzas that stray from the typical red sauce and mozzarella. This pizza is one of those. Not one of these toppings are what you'd typically see on a pizza but the combination is perfection. This one is not exactly on the budget-friendly side so you might want to save it for a more special occasion.

(Picture from here. Sorry, I never remember to take pictures of my food. I eat it too fast.)

Ingredients:
1 pizza crust- As mentioned before, I don't have a brilliant pizza crust recipe that I'd necessarily recommend. For this pizza, though, make sure your crust is thin. If you need ideas, I cut this recipe in half and it was just what I needed. 
1 1/2 cups blackberries- I used fresh, but I'm sure frozen would work also work if that's all you have
1/4 cup fresh basil and mint, thinly sliced- I used a bit of each and it probably totaled 1/4 cup. Use your judgment and spice preferences.
2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
4-5 oz crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. honey, divided
olive oil

Directions: 

1. Preheat your oven to 350ish. I suppose this depends on what kind of crust you use. For my crust, 350 worked well for me.
2. Lightly drizzle the dough with olive oil and 1 Tbsp. honey, just enough to lightly cover the dough.
3. Top the pizza with blackberries, spices, and goat cheese, then sprinkle the hazelnuts over the top.
4. Bake until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted, about 8-12 minutes. 
5. Drizzle with the rest of the honey. Let stand for a few minutes before slicing. Serve while still hot. Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment