Thursday, December 1, 2011

Roasted Green Beans



I got this recipe from a magazine that my cousin. Dana, handed down to me. The magazine is full of great recipes, including this gem. We recently made this as a side and I loved it. I'm normally not a huge fan of green beans but thanks to this recipe I am now converted.
Ingredients:
1 1/4 lb. green beans, trimmed (5 cups)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 Tbs. olive oil
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Toss all ingredients in bowl; season with salt and pepper (don't forget this step - I forgot the first time I made them and felt the difference). Spread on rimmed baking sheet. Roast 15-17 minutes, or until beans are tender and browned in spots, stirring occasionally. 
Makes 6  2/3-cup servings.
Per serving:
110 calories; 3g protein; 9g total fat (<1g saturated fat); 7g carbohydrates; 0gm cholesterol; 5mg sodium; 3g fiber; 3g sugars
Nutritional Information:

No comments:

Post a Comment